The world we live in today is not the same world from six months ago. As a result, the real estate industry (along with countless others) has seen a rise in the use of virtual conferencing tools. Why? Because the world keeps turning and everyday affairs must resume. We must adapt.
W+R Studios’ 2020 Survey of Best Practices for CMAs and Listing Presentations found that 71% of real estate professionals stated they have never done a virtual listing presentation, while a combined 51% said they were extremely or very likely to do one in the next six months. The obvious trend is that virtual listing presentations will become an important part of real estate agents’ business practice. Is this something you acknowledge as well but don’t know where to begin? Here’s everything you need to get started.
What is a virtual listing presentation?
Just what is a virtual listing presentation anyway? Think of it as a good old fashioned listing presentation, except you and the client are not in the same room. You could potentially be in the same town or thousands of miles away. The meeting will develop as it normally would, except you are presenting virtually, demonstrating and sharing information from your screen to theirs.
What tools will you need?
You’ll need an online conferencing tool such as Zoom. Then you’ll need a way to actually present the CMA report to your client. A great way to do that is utilizing Cloud CMA Live, which allows you to show your clients interactive and dynamic data about their home and neighborhood. Not to mention, you can create “what if” scenarios by adding or removing comps on the fly! Best of all, Cloud CMA Live has a built-in Zoom integration, so going virtual only takes one click of a button.
What are some virtual listing presentation tips and tricks?
- In our recent survey, we found that 72% of agents deliver the CMA on the day of the listing presentation. To stand out, send your clients the CMA report a day or so beforehand via email or print. That way, they know what to expect and they can follow along with their own copy of the report as you are presenting. It’s up to you whether or not to include the suggested list price in your pre-listing CMA packet.
- Check with your clients beforehand if they have the right software. The last thing you want is to have everything ready to go, only to find out they have a different software than you or don’t have anything at all. The first part of the listing presentation will be spent downloading and creating accounts for new software. So get all the technical aspects coordinated with them first!
- When you are presenting to a client, try and have two monitors if you can. That way you can have the CMA report on one screen, and their video feed on the other. The point is to make sure every window is easily accessible.
- Make sure you have good lighting! Presenting virtually can feel a bit unnatural. Make it as close to real life as possible by being well lit so your clients can see your face and feel like you are in the room with them.
- This should go without saying, but make sure you are in a quiet space with no distractions. You don’t want this to happen to you.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to ask for the listing! Clients are still interviewing other agents and the point of a listing presentation is to get a signed agreement! If you don’t ask, you don’t get it!
As stated before, the world is changing and those who are going to succeed are the ones that adapt the best. If you’ve never done a virtual listing presentation before, we know it can be daunting, but don’t be afraid to try something new! The good news is, with tools like Cloud CMA Live, you can have a super easy and seamless experience for you and your potential clients.
Cloud CMA Live is a free enhancement to Cloud CMA! Give it a try for free to host your first virtual listing presentation today!